Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Dates: 02/18/2018 - 06/17/2018
Course Number – PT18101 –
Start Date: February 18th, 2018
End Date: June 17th, 2017
- Students must be a Pennsylvania EMT or NREMT in order to be eligible for the course.
- Students must submit a letter of recommendation from an EMS supervisor within 10-days prior to the class start date.
- Class size limited to 24 students.
- Syllabus is provided to registered students
- This class is at student pace, with weekly deadlines, but you must complete all requirements to graduate prior to the last class date.
- Students should anticipate 6-10 hours of online coursework a week
- Course work includes weekly quizzes, weekly interactive lectures, weekly responses to case discussions, intermittent online simulations, and intermittent virtual patient encounters.
- Clinical & Field Time
- Students must achieve a minimum of 30 ALS contacts during their field & clinical time with a minimum of 50% of the patient contacts experienced in the field.
- This can be achieved in as few as 24 hours in ER Clinicals and 72 hours in ALS field time, but students should be aware that it may take longer.
- Students must be on-site for the third Sunday of each month for an 8-hour skills lab.
- 02/18/18, 03/18/18, 04/15/18, 05/20/18, 06/10/18 (Scheduled Make-up Day), 06/17/18
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where can I do my ER Clinicals? Currently, we have contracts with Chester County Hospital and the Main Line Health System. While we are currently pursuing other hospital contracts, we cannot guarantee that they will be ready and available for your class.
- Where can I do my EMS Field Time? Students can ride with Good Fellowship Ambulance, Berwyn Fire Department, Malvern Fire Department, Volunteer Medical Service Corps- Narberth, & Longwood Fire Department. Other departments are available with special provisions & will be discussed during orientation.
- Can I do field time with my home department? We can try to establish a contract with your home department, but it cannot be guaranteed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about setting up a department as a field site. Field sites contracts must be completed within the first month of class.
- What do students do during the practical skills days? Students practice all of the skills in the AEMT scope of practice. Students are in groups of 4-6. Each group has their own task trainers and equipment to ensure that every student gets ample time for student skills checks. Students also participate in patient simulations where they’re expected to manage a patient at the AEMT level.
Good Fellowship Ambulance Training Institute, 3rd Floor
600 Montgomery Ave (Station 55)
West Chester, PA 19380
Credit Cards (Visa/Master Card) Accepted. Payments and/or questions please contact the Training Staff at email@example.com or by calling 610-431-2303 daily.
*Please note that if you have a positive criminal history, your ability to be certified as an NRAEMT is at the discretion of the Pennsylvania Department of Health and National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
This will require the graduate to pass the NREMT AEMT cognitive exam at Pearson Vue Learning Center once the graduate has successfully completed the National Registry Advanced EMT psychomotor examination.
*Please note you must be 18 years of age prior to taking the National Registry Exams at the end of class!