Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Summer/Fall Class 2021
Practical Session Schedule
*All sessions are required*
July 17, 2021
July 18, 2021
July 31, 2021
August 1, 2021
August 14, 2021
August 15, 2021
August 29, 2021
September 26, 2021
Requirements for program:
- Students must be a Pennsylvania EMT in order to be eligible for the course. You may request reciprocity with Pennsylvania if you are an out of state EMT. Reciprocity must be obtained prior to the start of the class.
- Students must submit a letter of recommendation from an EMS supervisor within 10-days prior to the class start date.
- Classwork is at your own pace within the weekly deadlines, but you must complete all requirements in order to test for certification.
- Students should anticipate 15-20 hours of online coursework a week
- Course work includes weekly quizzes, weekly interactive lectures, weekly responses to case discussions, intermittent online simulations, and intermittent virtual patient encounters.
- Clinical & Field Time
- Students must achieve a minimum of 15 successful ALS Team Leads during their field time.
- This can be achieved in as few as 24 hours in ER Clinicals and 60 hours in ALS field time, but students should be aware that it may take longer.
- Students must be on-site for all scheduled practical days.
- Class dates are mandatory, please review schedule prior to registering for the course.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where can I do my ER Clinicals? Currently, we have contracts with Chester County Hospital and the Main Line Health System. While we are currently pursuing other hospital contracts, we cannot guarantee that they will be ready and available for your class.
- Where can I do my EMS Field Time? Students can ride with one of the various ALS agencies in which we currently have educational contracts.
- Can I do field time with my home department? We can try to establish a contract with your home department, but it cannot be guaranteed. This can be discussed with the AEMT Program Coordinator at the beginning of class.
- What do students do during the practical skills days? Students practice all of the skills in the AEMT scope of practice. Students are in groups of 4-6. Each group has their own instructor and equipment to ensure that every student gets ample time for student skills checks. Students also participate in patient simulations where they’re expected to manage a patient at the AEMT level.
Good Fellowship Ambulance Training Institute, 3rd Floor
600 Montgomery Ave
West Chester, PA 19380
The AEMT course tuition is all inclusive. Tuition is $1650.00
Tuition includes student software, e-textbook, uniform shirt, and initial NREMT cognitive exam voucher.
Credit Cards (Visa/Master Card) Accepted. Payments and/or questions please contact the Training Staff at email@example.com or by calling 610-431-2303 daily.
*Please note that if you have a positive criminal history, your ability to be certified as an AEMT is at the discretion of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Bureau of EMS. Completion of the program does not guarantee certification.
All classes have a minimum and maximum enrollment. Should the minimum not be met, the class will be cancelled and students will be given the option to join a different class or refunded. When the maximum enrollment is met, the class becomes closed to new registrations.
Please note that the training institute does not allow for missed class time. Please review the course schedule to make sure that you will be able to attend all classes prior to registering. You will be required to do clinical and field time outside of these practical days. This is an online course so access to a computer and internet are mandatory.
Once a students meets all requirements for completion of the AEMT program, they will be required to successfully pass the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians- AEMT cognitive and psychomotor exams in order to become certified by NREMT and Pennsylvania. The cost for a students initial attempt at the cognitive exam is $136 which is covered by tuition. Please note: you must be 18 years old in order to be certified as an AEMT.