Third Tuesday Continuing Education
January 15th, 2019: Medical Aspects of Technical Rescus by Bill Elder of Elder Technical Rescue.
February 19th, 2019: Pediatric Emergencies: Case studies by Marisa Meyer D.O., AI Dupont Trasnport Team Medical Director
March 19th, 2019: Medical Command Case Review by Dr. Herbert Schiffer
April 16th, 2018: EMS Providers Role in HazMat Incidents
May 21st, 2019: To be announced
June 18th, 2019: To be announced
Good Fellowship Ambulance & EMS Trianing Institute
Lecture Room II
600 Montgomery Ave
West Chester, PA 19380
Did we mention that it’s free? We just ask that you register so that we can prepare for class.
This continuing education lecture series will occur on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. It will include a 2-3 hour lecture reviewing various topics relevant to EMS providers. This continuing education opportunity will be free and open to EMS providers throughout the region.
January 15th, 2019 (1900-2200)- Medical Aspects of Technical Rescue
- Presenter: Bill Elder of Elder Technical Rescue
- Course Description: Technical rescuers must have a strong understanding not only of medical considerations that affect their ability to perform but must also understand the patient care that needs to be delivered in the field in order to perform a successful rescue operation. Appropriate treatment started during a technical rescue will minimize pain and suffering and possibly save the individual’s life. This class will start with a review of medical considerations pertaining to the rescuer and conclude with considerations for patient care in the technical rescue environment. This class is highly recommended for both EMS trained and non-EMS trained rescuers.
February 19th, 2019: Pediatric Emergencies (1900-2100)
- Presenter: Marisa Meyer, D.O. AI Dupont Transport Team Medical Director
- Course Description: Dr. Meyer will discuss interesting case reviews involving the pediatric population. Learn trending situations and the ins and outs of Pediatric care.
March 19th, 2019 (1900-2100): Medical Command Case Review
- Presenter: Dr. Herbert Schiffer, Medical Director of Good Fellowship Ambulance & EMS Training Institute
- Course Description: Dr. Schiffer identifies several clinically interesting cases to discuss with EMS providers. He walks through the scene size-up and assessment while pointing out clinical clues observed by the crew or clinical clues that others may see while responding to similar patients. This interactive case discussion allows EMS providers to ask questions about clinical findings and discuss treatment modalities at each provider level.
April 16th, 2019: (1900-2100): EMS Providers Role in HazMat Incidents
- Presenter: Stephen Pelna, Vice President, Lewis Environmental
- Course Description: Mr. Pelna will discuss the different incidents involving Hazardous Materials and how EMS can interact to have the best outcome for everyone. Hands on practical demonstrations will include Decontamination demonstrations, typical equipment used and Do’s and Don’ts at a Hazardous Material Incident.